Visitors, Speaking and a Thanks

I've noticed that I'm not the only one who has neglected Blog World because of life's craziness. It's been a busy few weeks. Busy is not always good, but this busy really has been pretty good. It's also made me feel like it's been longer since I've blogged because the temperature is in the 70's outside! I walked out this morning and literally got hot. Crazy.
 
 
So, what's been happening? This past weekend Dr. Black, Mrs. Black and my dear friend from the Alaba, Ethiopian church, Nigusee visited. It was wonderful having them here. They arrived Saturday afternoon and stayed through Sunday lunch. Saturday we sat around after supper and sang songs that we have sang in Ethiopia in years past. It was glorious. I missed Ethiopia worse at that moment than I have in a long time. I missed all my Ethiopian friends and sitting around in the cool night air with the smoky smell of Africa and the raised voices of Amharic in song. There is nothing like it anywhere, ever.
Mrs. Black and Nigusee spoke Sunday morning. It was amazing to say the least. The presence of the Lord was so real there. I learned that when the Lord is "with you" like Nigusee said He was "with" Joseph in the Bible, then we can do many things. With Him only.
 
 
I can't tell you what a blessing it was to have such wonderful friends and honestly, family, here.
 
 
Then, last night, my Dad and I spoke at a Father Daughter banquet. I got the privilege to teach on a great passion of mine: saving your heart. It was a dream come true to get to stand in front of many young ladies and share with them what the Lord has revealed to me about dating, relationships and such. It was a beautiful evening, indeed.
Kandace and me singing

Well, thank you for taking precious time out of your day to read my blog. I don't think I thank my readers enough for following my life and ramblings about things the Lord is showing me. You could be cleaning your house (if you're like me, you're like, "Yeah, right") or something else right now, but you are here reading this. Thanks. I hope you all have a wonderful day. Enjoy the blessings of life and remember to live each day like it's your last. Life shouldn't be measured in years, but rather by what you do with the years you're given. I can't believe it's already almost March! Time flies, but God is outside of time. Makes, life seem mighty sweet, indeed.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts