Catching Up

It's amazing to me that it's been three months since I last posted a blog. In a way it seems like it has been much longer. Someone please explain to me how it is possible that in less than a month we will be celebrating our THIRD wedding anniversary and in a little over a month our Charlotte will be ONE year old!

The last three months have been a wonderful season of getting back into life where home has always been. It took two months to get used to not having to pack to go back "home" every couple of days! I love being able to spend so much time with my family. I don't take it for granted.

Charlotte has grown so very quickly. She was eight months old when we moved here and now she is almost 11 months old! She has a lot of new tricks up her sleeve and can walk and communicate well through her babble. Her six teeth give her a whole new look. We are still waiting on hair. What she has is so blond, it is almost impossible to see. I can't say she is a "laid back baby." Being held for about 10 seconds is way too long for her.... She has an incredibly strong personality and I can't wait to see how God will use her as she grows. It will take her kind of determination to do great things in the world. I love her more everyday.



Josh has a part-time job and is expecting it to become a full-time position soon. He enjoys working for Wilkes Communications here in Wilkesboro, NC and though he misses life of a Marine many days, I know he is happy to be here and moving ahead with God's plan for our lives. Unfortunately, part of the nature of leaving the military is starting back at "square one" with your career. Going from a Sergeant in the USMC to a having to find his place again is hard, but Josh has handled it so well. Over the last few months I have realized, there were a lot of hard things about being a Marine Wife, but in the end I couldn't be prouder of all Josh accomplished. Sometimes I pick up his uniforms that have been folded and put away for three months and actually.... miss it. I know I'll always look back and remember all the lessons I learned those four years and be grateful the military is a part of our story.

With all the joys of being home, there have been some hard places to walk through as well... things we didn't expect and burdens we didn't know we would have to carry, but God has been faithful and we know He will be, always. We look forward to building our house as we plan to start next month! We have land beside my parents and know we won't have to miss them too much when we are "on our own" again. They have been so generous to let us live in their finished basement for now. They are taking full advantage of Charlotte's company!

I continue to be amazed at God's goodness and faithfulness. I really can't say it enough, "It's good to be back."



Comments

Popular Posts