One Week Till Mexico!

I can't believe that it has almost been a year since we went to Mexico! Time flies! Literally. I am even more excited about the trip than I usually am! It's only one week away! This time of year I am reminded of how much I love missions. If you've never been on a mission trip... well, you need to go on one! It is such an honor to tell others about the Savior of the world and how much He loves them. It is one of the most satisfying things I've ever done. We aren't sharing about "another" way to Heaven, but THE way. We get the privilege to share about the ONLY God and His great love.  And then there are the bonds that team members make. If you've ever been on a mission trip with someone, by the time you get back, you know more about them than you care to know. There are always some that we never imagined could be that messy or snore that loud! But that is the fun. As Christians we are often too busy living our separate lives and running in our own circles that we only see the "church" side of our fellow believers. But mission trips pull us together out of the ordinary to work for a common goal and we get to know and love one another more than we ever imagined that we could!

It's tight! And the men can't keep it neat.


I'm just so excited! Can you tell? Yes, we'll get up at 4:30 or 5 am everyday and work and teach in the hot sun. Yes, we'll get tired and bunk beds will get old. Yes, two bathrooms for 16 women will seem impossible. But it is stretching and challenging and we grow closer to the Lord.

Mexico is wonderful as you can tell, but going to Ethiopia is even more stretching. Much more. But then it draws me closer to my Savior as I get the honor to share His love. And that is in November!

But meanwhile, we can and should witness here at home. The person I pass in Walmart needs Jesus as much as that child in Texas or Mexico. We can be a light to the world and a light to our family, friends and community too.

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.  Acts 1:8


Smile! Group photo!

VBS!


Off we go!


Comments

Popular Posts