Do Everything

I've started to blog several times this week and a few times today, but I am at that point again where I have so much to say that I can't pick something. I'm not going to write a post that tries to include every idea because that is just... annoying. I have done that before though! 


What should I blog about? Well, I'm looking straight ahead at the calender on my wall. I can't believe that today is already the 16th of September. Of September!! Isn't that crazy? Time flies. I feel like I just got back from camp in July... but in a way it does feel like it has been a few months. Life is just so short. We all know that. I've even blogged about the shortness of life before. It is just short. Even if you live to be 100, compared to the earth's 6,000 or so years, it is short. And compared to eternity it is VERY short. So now I'm thinking about how much time I waste. God really has given us all one life. One chance to use it for Him. Often I just use it on myself. I am too thickheaded to realize that if I live for Him that He will reward me in Heaven. Humans automatically gravitate to the path of least resistance. We do what feels nice and is most comfortable, thinking, "We only have one life! Better live it up!" But "living it up" for ourselves is really pointless. 


Everything we do should be for God's glory. The boring, the exciting, the... everything. It reminds me of Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Do Everything." I LOVE that song. It's happy and upbeat and lightens my day. The chorus goes: 

Do everything you do to the glory of the One who made you
Cause He made you to do
Every little thing that you do to bring a smile to His face
And tell the story of grace
With every move that you make
And every little thing you do



Listen to the whole song by clicking Do Everything


Wow... I got all of that out of looking at my calendar. I should try to do blogs more often by just looking at objects in my room and talking about them! 


Enjoy this cool day, and if where you live is not as freezing as it feels here today in N.C.... well, enjoy this warm day! 


Comments

Popular Posts