Having to Trust

We've all had to trust something or someone. Every time I get on an airplane I think of trust. I trust the pilot that he knows what he is doing. I have no idea who he is, but I get in a metal tube that he is going to take 35,000ft in the air and I trust that he can get us up there, keep us there and then land us safely. I also trust in the plane, that the wings aren't going to fall off because of pressure. That is trust.


I have never been one to enjoy putting trust in things or people very much. I'm the girl who is sceptical going over bridges, over analyzes things and triple tests everything. But I've found that being a Christian is all about trust. We have to completely trust that God is there and that He knows what He is doing. Often, I just want to say, "Lord, I want to know everything! Just show me the future. I don't really like not knowing." That's not the way it works. I have to trust. It's just that simple.
Blessed is the man who makes
the LORD his trust,
who does not turn to the proud,
to those who go astray after a lie! Psalm 40:4
So. I'll make this short and simple. Trust Jesus. I am so bad to try to figure things out on my own, cause I think I can handle it and then suddenly I'm on my face. Sometimes literally! See, we're in a tech world, but no amount of technology or worldy intelligence will bring the peace, trusting in God brings. You can't buy or sell it. You can't Google it, find it on Facebook or Youtube.

A really good friend of mine reminded me of these verses:

Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the LORD.... Jeremiah 29: 12-14a
 
 
If you're like me, you may say, "I do trust Him! And I ask Him for help, yet I don't hear anything!" Well, first of all, we have to be clean before God. He can't see through our sin. If you come before Him with a clean heart and truly desire to know His will, He will not be silent. However, He has told me to wait. I have felt that my prayers have bounced off the ceiling, but they haven't and I know that. He was telling me to wait. I say Psalms 40:1 to myself all the time... I mean ALL the time. It says, "I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to be and heard my cry." Sometimes I feel that He wants us to hold on. Then, sometimes He tells us to do something that is crazy! Sometimes it doesn't make sense. Trust Him. Trust Him. Even when there is no answer, trust Him. Just trust Him.
 
 
Unlike us, Jesus never messes up

Comments

Popular Posts