Perfect Sense

Let's be honest. I'm the kind of person where things have to make sense. Things have to have a reason. If I don't understand why things are happening and the purpose behind everything and the order of things, I'm bad to... umm.... fall apart. Temporarily fall apart. And most of my life I've understood what is happening and things have generally made pretty good sense. There have been a few times like when adopting and my Dad becoming a pastor and such where I've thought that things are little "not orderly enough." But usually, I've not been in the dark much.

So, apparently things don't always make sense as a Christian. I've known that my whole life, but I don't know, it's becoming starkly obvious now. I guess because there are things in my life that just wouldn't make sense to the world around me. Even to me, it seemed weird and strange, far-fetched and simply crazy.

Yeah, well, that's when God said very clearly a few weeks ago, "HEY, since when did I say things are supposed to always make sense when you're following me? Stop worrying about what looks good or what the world tells you makes sense." He reminded me of Romans 12:2; Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. He made it clear that following Him is more than songs on Sunday, Bible verses as Facebook posts, and all these things that are easy. Sometimes it just isn't easy. Sometimes it's just hard. People think I'm crazy. Even I think I'm crazy.

Now I'm not saying it means He's telling you to go bungee jumping without a bungee or something. I'm just saying that things aren't always clear, ya know? If our lives make sense to those around us then God is probably not working in us. When God is working, things look different. Crazy things happen. Things you never thought would.

If you are walking in the light of the Light and things seem fuzzy and foggy, know that God is above it all. It doesn't scare Him. Time is nothing. Distance is nothing. He swirls love and peace in our hearts in ways we never dreamed and right when we need it most. Life as a pilgrim in this world doesn't make sense sometimes, but yet, it makes perfect sense. God's sense.

Hey, P.S. Fellow Blogger update. Check out Josh Isaacs' blog at servant for jesus. It's about living a complacent life as a Christian.... or rather, how not to. Words of wisdom from a Marine.

Happy Monday! It's gonna be a good week. How do I know? Well, no matter what, God is on His throne. Glory.

Comments

  1. "Now I'm not saying He's telling you to go bungee jumping without a bungee or something..." Katy this made me smile! Blessing on you this week and always as you seek to walk in God's direction! May His ways grow on you and in you to always make more sense than what the world has to offer!
    =)
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Olivia! I hope you are doing well! Blessings to you too! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To an extent I like having things made obvious to me too. Especially when someone is sick or something is out of the ordinary! Things have been hazy for me lately, like what's ahead in my life? Where are we going with this? Is this a pointless thing? All those questions would twirl around in my head! Now God has made my path clear! And learning to wait and seeing His faithfulness and clarity come through has been a great experience for me! I love your thoughts on this subject!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts