Wedding Eve

Tomorrow is the day. My wedding day! 

Today and yesterday has been glorious chaos around my house and the church. And I tell you, if I hang up one more bow... No, I'm kidding. It's been a surreal pleasure. Food, sparkles, lights, dresses, tuxes, nail polish, music.... it's a wedding world. 

Yesterday I was decorating at church and guess who walked in the door??? My almost-husband! I hadn't seen him on over 6 weeks. Lets just say I ran down the aisle from the back of the church into his arms. His wonderful arms. I wanted to kiss him. But I still can't do that... not yet. Tomorrow I will finally get to kiss the love of my life. Has it been easy waiting? No! In fact, it was harder than I thought. It was hard for both of us... especially Josh. But has it been worth the wait. We believe so with all of our hearts. Our first kiss will be as husband and wife as it should be. 

I feel like I have been in a whirlwind, but when I sit back like I am now and think about it all, I am amazed that tomorrow I get to marry Joshua Isaacs. It is an amazing feeling. No matter what happens tomorrow (like if I trip down the aisle....) or for the rest of our lives, I will be by him and he by me. What if he is deployed? I will still be by his side. My heart will be. 

But for now, the distance between us is over. It was hard. It hurt. But God turned me around today and showed me how far He has brought us. I thanked Him. As my family decorated the church, I walked off to the old Prayer Chapel. The sun shown bright color through the stained glass window. The floor creaked as I walked to the out of tune piano. I sat down and played. I played with all of my might. I sang and played. After a few songs tears were streaming down my cheeks. God stopped me as I heard His voice. 

Do you know how blessed you are?

It was then that I realized how easy it was for me to take it all for granted. I thanked Him. I thanked Him for the hard days, the good days, the glorious moments. I thanked Him for never forsaking me... not for a moment. I thanked Him that He will always be with me.

I am so overjoyed. Life doesn't promise to be perfect, but God gave me the greatest gift I ever received, besides salvation, his name is Joshua. That wonderful man is going to walk this journey of life with me and I with him. 

I love him. I'm ready for that walk down the aisle, for that first kiss and for every moment afterward. 

But now, duty calls and I must get busy! 

I love you all!

Comments

Popular Posts