Life as the Wife

Josh and I have been married for 30 days. It has been a packed month of amazing life changes. We moved into our new home at Cherry Point, NC, over two weeks ago. Our house really began to look like a home when we moved in a bed, love seat, and couch. A few days later Josh and I took off down the road to Morehead City to find a tree lot off the side of the road. We found a healthy round tree at a dimly lit tree lot run by a man from Ashe County. He tied the tree on our car in a ridiculous fashion with thin twine. A few days later my grandparents and family visited to bring more of our things. They helped us fill our house. I enjoyed taking those couple of days to squeeze and hug my siblings. 

I settled into a routine at home and Josh at work. My heart never fails to skip a beat when I hear the door open at lunch time. He comes in in his uniform and gives me a kiss. 

We keep trying churches out to see where God wants us. Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church will always be home to us, though. There is no place in the world like it. I don't lightly say that... we mean it. It is an amazing place. We still look ahead to where God wants us here so we can get involved. 

Over the last month I have been amazed at how many things Mama must have taught me in my life. Over and over again I've been surprised that I knew how to do something because "Mama showed me how to do it." Each day that goes by, I am more appreciative for the way she didn't just do everything for me. She taught me... maybe without even knowing it, she taught me so many things. Daddy taught me so many things too. They really prepared me well. I mess up constantly and I am far from doing anything as well as they do, but I am not falling apart, and I thank them for that. 

Parents, prepare your children. The worst thing you can do for them is doing everything for them, especially as times get tougher. At the time I would have loved if my parents would have made everything easy for me, but now I'm so thankful that they protected my heart and yet let me decide what to do. 

My parents taught me and at the same time, they held my heart. They made it easy to trust them, because I knew that they wanted what was best for me. I'm so thankful for that. 

I am so thankful for my wonderful home and amazing husband. I had no idea that married life could be so incredible! I look forward to seeing what God will do in our lives. 

I do miss those beautiful mountains and I look forward to seeing them at Christmas! 

Comments

Popular Posts