I'll Soar

Ever had a verse that just follows you around? Well, I have and it has been Isaiah 40:30-31:


30Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
31but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.


It's been around a lot lately. I keep thinking about it. And it's like God has given it to me as a gift. One of comfort. I keep seeing "The Lord shall renew their strength." Sometimes I feel that my strength is nearly worn out.  Kind of like when you're doing push-ups or sit-ups and you start to quake. Your muscles are so tired and they just want to stop. But when they get like that, you know one thing... they're getting stronger. But at the moment they feel weak, and all you know is that it hurts.

That is how life is sometimes as a Christian. You get tired. According to those verses everyone gets worn down. But God promises to renew our strength, with one condition.... that we "wait on Him." We have to put our trust in Him. Many Christians want God to renew them, but they don't want to have to show any faith or trust. It is critical that we trust in Him. And then my favorite part is about soaring on wings like eagles. I was always the kid that wanted to fly, I dreamed about it, watched Peter Pan all the time and loved planes the moment I stepped on one. I love it because it feels so free. That is what we will feel like when we put our trust in our Father and let Him restore us. The burdens will be laid at His feet and we'll be so light that we can soar.

I love the song "Stronger" by Mandisa. The chorus goes:

When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
And things can only get better
Believe me
This is gonna make you stronger


So, when it is hard, use it for His glory and remember that God never leaves His children behind. He is making us stronger.


Speaking of being strong, today we are celebrating strong men and women who have served this country.... Veterans!! So, I'd like to take this time to say, "Happy Veteran's Day!" I can't thank enough the many people who have given their lives to serving this country. Thank you all, past, present and future!

Comments

Popular Posts