Car wash, Greek and My Birthday


Disclaimer: This is a hodge-podge post. It is simply to inform you of the goings in my life. You may not benefit from this at all, but learn more about what I've been doing of late.

Well I am officially 17 years old, as of yesterday. Too close to 20 and too far away from 10 are my thoughts on it. I'm old. But I had a most wonderful day becoming "old" yesterday! It was such a blessing to get to participate in a car wash at Chick-fil-A raising money for the Mexico Mission trip. It was wonderful, even if I did get the job of scrubbing bugs off the front of every car's hood in Wilkes County... or so it seemed. But it was good. We raised a lot of money and had a wonderful time doing it. I actually drove myself to Chick-fil-A (I'd never driven without Mom or Dad in the car. I got my license last week). It wasn't that bad at all... well, except for parking entirely crooked. But Kandace got out of the car and had a fit and told me to park again.

But it was a wonderful car wash, it was such a pleasure to see other young adults, children and "older" adults working hard for the Lord. It was a joy. They even sang Happy Birthday to me and sprayed silly string all in my hair!


I went to Applebees last night and ate a low-cal blondie (low-cal, ha ha). Those things will be in Heaven, I'm sure of it. I had a great time with my family. Just enjoying being together.

Who says Andrew is wild??
It looks so good!










Now on to Greek. Dr. and Mrs. Black came to visit this past Saturday through Monday. It was a wonderful visit and we always miss them when they have to go. They spoke at church on Sunday and Dr. Black kicked off the Greek class we are doing at my church. My brain worked so hard it would have preferred math. Yet at the same time, it was so much fun. Dr. Black has a way of taking an easy... um, NOT so easy language and making it fun and exciting. I will be studying Greek for 26 more weeks. Right now I know the alphabet... I have some work to do. But I am looking forward to being able to read the New Testament in its original language so that I don't have to work through translations, but read exactly what God purposed for us to see. It'll be splendid!

It has been a busy and wonderful past few days. The Lord is so good to His children. Are you blessed? Me too. Remember to think about our Savior these next few days leading up to Easter, who 2000 years ago was getting ready to die for our sins and to raise Himself to life again so that we might be saved.

Comments

  1. Happy 17th Katy!!! I had my 17th too! =D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts