Just Having Fun

I went a week ago yesterday to see the Annie Moses Band and hear Anne Graham Lotz speak in Winston Salem, N.C. It was truly wonderful. Since then I have been thinking about what Mrs. Lotz spoke about. She talked about "knowing what time it is in the world." She spoke from the verses Matthew 24:6-8

And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. All these are but the beginning of the birth pains.

Tsunami in Japan.

 
I realized just how many things are happening in the world that appear to be "birth pains." She made the comment that there are many brilliant and intelligent people in this world. People that can make sense of the technology we use, those who can stop nuclear explosions in Japan, those who work for NASA. But all of this worldly knowledge means nothing if we don't have wisdom to know what to use the knowledge for.

Thinking about this led me to think about all that we do here in the U.S. The world is in pain, it is in deep crisis. It is obvious that the time when the Lord will return is not far off. I really believe that. There are so many that need to hear of Jesus and of God's love. Then on the other hand, there are those in the Middle East who are trying to figure out how to do away with us and China is over there holding our debt. All of this is going on and I thought, "Hmm. What are we doing?" We are meanwhile, hanging out eating pizza and watching TV. We are doing so very little to prepare ourselves. We don't need to live in fear, but we need to prepare for what may happen.

My whole life I have heard that America is almost "invincible" in a way. We are the world super power. Everything we go up against tends to work out for us. I believe it is has because God has helped us. He has done so because we have been a nation that has sought, for the most part, to do His will. We were built on Christian morals. Over time, these morals have decayed. My point is that, America is not "God's chosen people." He has shown us favor and has taken care of us, but because of our unfaithfulness, I believe He is removing His hand from our nation. We are so busy having fun that we don't see what is going on. The world is in turmoil, in need of a Savior and we are so busy working for whatever and going on vacations that we don't even see it. That's an "ouch" to me too.

We as Christians need to live, knowing that the end could come at any moment. Just as in a real birth, the contractions come closer and closer as the time for the baby to come arrives, so will the pains in this world become more frequent as Jesus' coming draws near. When that day comes I want to be able to say that I didn't waste my time living the American Dream and I was living the dream Jesus set before me. If we would realize as believers of Christ, why we have been put here and seek Him, He will heal our land. I'm just afraid many are too busy having fun. There is nothing wrong with enjoying life, but do we have to separate "fun" from Jesus? Serving Jesus is the funnest thing I've ever done!

A sweet little girl I met while doing mission work in Texas/Mexico.



If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14-15

Comments

Popular Posts