The Devil Doesn't Like Me

Have you ever had a time in your life when as a Christian you can sense Spiritual Warfare? There are demons and angels and they don't sit around all day. Demons goals are to distract humans from God. They try to keep the un-saved from ever becoming followers of Christ and the saved are constantly hounded on or are kept from doing their best for God by these Satan followers. Angels are sent by God to help His children and to be used for His purposes. There is a war, a literal war between these two forces. As Christians we are attacked and put down and tempted to sin. These demons don't make us sin, we are ultimately the ones who make the decision, but they poke and prod. Christians who really serve the Lord are targeted even worse. Satan hates it when we do something for the Kingdom of God. It infuriates him and he comes at us even harder. He doesn't want us to witness, he enjoys family disputes, and broken hearts. Those days that homes feel shattered are days that Satan likes. Satan doesn't bother those "Christians" who never do anything, because they don't cause any concern for him. He comes at those who are doing something that bothers him... something that makes Jesus known or praised. We shouldn't live in an overwhelming fear of Satan's tarets on us, but we should be aware. We have to pray for the Lord to send angels to fight on our behalf and on the behalf of lost family members. It is hard. There are days when I feel like Satan has thrown every disaster into my face and my family's. And being a family that is trying to serve the Lord and help others just makes that pressure worse. But God knows that and see that. He never gives us more than we can stand. But there is a War. In the end God wins, but the small battles are up to our prayers. We have the ear of God and He is willing to hear and help us. Even though there are days, weeks and months when Satan and his helpers see we are working and he comes hard. I'm not crazy, spiritual warfare is one of the most real things I've ever felt. There is evil. Don't be afraid of everything because of that knowledge, but be aware. And pray. Today feels like such a day that I should pray more. Angels will come to our rescue. We can't back down though. I can't. I'll just let the target on my back get larger. I am glad the Devil doesn't like me or suddenly seems to throw something in my face, it means I must be doing something for Jesus. And Jesus is a friend that will never leave. I'm willing to carry my cross though these temporary battles. Are you willing?


Ephesians 6:12-13  For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Comments

Popular Posts