Rain, rain


I'm afraid I have nothing of any value to say, but let me assure you, these words are my thoughts:


February Rain

To be the mud, the bog, the mire;
To soak the bones in February –
Eons from the autumn shower–
Even from a summer berry!

The crying air was lost in rhythm:
Drums incessant in the drops;
Not a chance for rainbow prism –
Even if the hammering stops!

Still the clouds are hammering,
Hammering home their dreary aim –
A chatterbox in constant yammering,
Drenching all to make a claim.
Mark R Slaughter

We do need this rain, but I can't help but get a little spoiled to the beautiful weather we've had lately! Even on such a miry (in weather, or heart) day we can say:

Psalm 40:2-3

He lifted me out of the slimy pit,
   out of the mud and mire;
he set my feet on a rock
   and gave me a firm place to stand. 
He put a new song in my mouth,
   a hymn of praise to our God.

Many will see and fear the LORD
   and put their trust in him.



If your heart feels gloomy and rainy like this day, cheer up and sing a new song on the solid rock! :)

Comments

Popular Posts