Life Matters More

For the past few days I have been wrapped up in school. World War 2 dates swirl in my mind. I'm trying to write an essay, a story, a "blurb" for Daddy's book, and a song all at the same time. My hands are tired. There is just so much to do. I know I'm not the only one who has that problem though. You're probably busy too. Things going on, the world spinning by and time mercilessly disappearing. As I've progressed through high school and have taken Algebra 1 and 2, Biology, Chemistry, English, etc, etc, etc. I have found that as important all of those subjects are, they shouldn't overtake my life. As much as I love piano, it shouldn't overtake my life either. I am thankful for parents who require me to work but are willing for me to put things that will come in handy for God's kingdom first. It breaks my heart when I hear that kids can't come to church because they have to study. Even though school is important... get ready, God and church are more so! I hear so often kids that say they can't study the Word of Almighty God or fellowship with His people, because they must study for an Algebra exam. Algebra can only go so far in the kingdom of God. Sure, it stretches our minds... and that is great, but it isn't more important than the Bible. Dance, Music, and Sports are great too! I've done them all. But they are not God. You can use them for the kingdom, but they can't take Jesus' place.

I have found in the years throughout my schooling that a major god in this country has become, education. Why? I believe the reason it is god to many is because they feel it can get them into a good college, get a good paying job, make a lot of money, have good vacations and then retire. The American Dream, right? I'm not saying all people are like this, but if we dig down, many are. Is it really worth it? My parents are willing for me to make a B instead of an A on my upcoming college exam so I can still live life. I get to come to church, spend time with my family, sing in the Praise Team at my church, help Daddy with his book and so much more, because I'm not in my room studying constantly for a test that I'll take and forget quite a bit of the information soon after. God blesses those who do His will. I may make an A, but it doesn't matter, because I am living in these precious years. I know that sounds strange in this culture, but it is so refreshing for me to know, my parents want me to serve God's Kingdom first (which is what Christian hearts should long for anyway) and then work with all my heart (as if unto the Lord) in all other aspects of my life.

The point of this post is this: School and extracurricular activities are great, but they aren't God and they won't last forever. Let's live in the now. So I'm going to go back to studying, but then I'm going downstairs to play with Andrew and Clara. Life matters more.

Comments

Popular Posts